You are invited to usher in the holiday season with an enchanting tour of historic Murfreesboro homes on Saturday, December 10, 2022 from 4:00PM -8:00PM. The tour, sponsored by First Bank, will feature a selection of private homes, churches and, as always, Oaklands Mansion. “Attending the Candlelight Tour of Homes is an annual holiday tradition for the Murfreesboro community. To make the tour possible, private homeowners have volunteered to open their residences to the community for nearly forty years and counting. In 2020 and 2021 the tour was held virtually. This year we are excited to welcome everyone back in person” said James Manning, Executive Director of Oaklands Mansion.
This special holiday tour will take you through Murfreesboro’s East Main Street Historic District, to some historic homes on adjoining streets and then to Oaklands Mansion. The Middle Tennessee State University Raider Express will make the rounds at no charge to our guests. You are also welcome to drive yourself and park on the street sides following all City of Murfreesboro parking regulations. Free parking is also available at Oaklands Mansion and Oaklands Park. The historic buildings featured on the tour this year include:
• Dena Young 443 East Main Street
• The Bell House, Laura Jones 331 East Main Street
• Destiny Womack and John Derrington (Ground floor) 604 North Spring Street
• Jeff Whitt 447 East Lytle Street
• Brad Chambers 701 North Spring Street
• Crying Cat Books and Records North Maney Avenue
• Big Holly (Ground floor) Sara and Gordon Bell 718 North Maney Avenue
• Central Christian 404 Church East Main Street
• Oaklands Mansion 900 North Maney Avenue
Oaklands’ Gift Shop will be open during the tour for unique holiday shopping. Santa will read Christmas stories in the front parlor of Oaklands Mansion. Local food trucks Gramma’s Hands Sweetery, I Take It and My Roots Curbside Culinary will be parked at Oaklands Mansion where
outdoor tables and chairs and restrooms will be provided. Please do not take food or drink inside any building on the Candlelight Tour. Admission is $30.00 per adult and $10.00 per student ages 6-12. The tour is free for ages 5 and under.